World News
Home > World News
Trapped Chinese miners send note to rescuers
TIWN
TIWN

PHOTO : TIWN
Beijing, Jan 18 (TIWN) Miners trapped for over a week following a blast at a mine China's Shandong province, have sent a note to rescuers shedding light on the situation below.
A total of 22 workers were trapped in the Hushan mine, in Shandong province, after the blast on 10 January. It was not until 30 hours later that the accident was reported, however, leading to severe criticism of those responsible and the sacking of two senior local officials.
Xinhua provided no further details on what the retrieved “paper slip” said, but it said rescuers also felt people pulling on iron ropes that had been lowered into the mine, which was still under construction.
Add your Comment
Comments (0)
More World News
- India launched 'Operation Sagar Bandhu' to help Flood Affected Sri Lanka
- At least 6 Killed after Powerful Earthquake hits Bangladesh
- Sheikh Hasina Convicted by Bangladesh Court of Crime Against Humanity ; Sentenced to Death
- Delhi Blast: Medical Professionals Arrested for plotting the terror attack under Jaish-e-Mohammed's Command
- US Government Re-Opens after ending Longest ever Shutdown


