Make this your homepage
Tripura News
Home > Tripura News
Farmer dies from electric shock : Carelessness of TSECL
Farmer dies from electric shock : Carelessness of TSECL
PHOTO : Farmer Manihar Rahaman died due to electrocution in paddy field in Udaipur. TIWN Pic Nov 15

UDAIPUR, Nov 15 (TIWN): Due to total carelessness of TSECL MataBari Electric Sub Division one farmer namely Manihar Rahaman(50) died when he was returning from his field. The incident took place in Chandrapur Village area under Udaipur Sub Division.

At around 5am Manihar Rahaman went to his field with his cows. Being harvesting season farmers are now busy in cutting ripe corns from the field. As usual after his early morning work Manihar was returning with bundles of paddy on his shoulder, suddenly he  got electric shock as the High Tension( HT) line was falling on the ground that Manihar could not notice. At once he was thrown away in to his field and lost his life. Local people immediately called Udaipur Fire Station and the firemen took him to Gomati District Hospital; only for postmortem to be done. 
         Later on while speaking to TIWN Manihar's family members and his neighbours complained that in the harvesting season fatmers remain busy as usual in the field But often HT lines are seen hanging from the posts. Inspite of repeated complaints no step is taken from TSECL and as a result of it Manihar, the only earning member of a poor farmer's family lost his life. Moreover, a few days before a cow too had the same ill fate on the same place. Villagers said that TSEC must take immediate step to avoid more casualty.

Add your Comment
Comments (0)

Special Articles

Saumen Sarkar Saumen Sarkar
Anirban Mitra Anirban Mitra