Make this your homepage
Tripura News
Home > Tripura News
CM asks PWD to prepare DPR of Agartala - Churaibari NH 44 in the current fiscal
TIWN
CM asks PWD to prepare DPR of Agartala - Churaibari NH 44 in the current fiscal
PHOTO : Review on Works of Public Works Department at Secretariat conference hall in Agartala. TIWN Pic Sept 16

AGARTALA, September 16 (TIWN): Quality of works must be ensured in constructing road and other government establishments and facilities, directed Chief Minister Manik Sarkar to the officials and authority concerned.

While speaking in a review meeting of Public Works Department  (PWD) here today at State Secretariat the Chief Minister asked to keep a strict vigil on all the ongoing development works. Infrastructure development works under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sarak Yojna ( PMGSY), Non Lapsable Central Pool OF Resources (NLRPC), SPA and ACA were prime agenda of the review meeting. Alongwith that, the works of construction and renovation of Churaibari to Agartala National Highway (NH) and elevating the 104 kilometer road (part of Agartala Churaibari NH)  to double lane, were also discussed in the meeting. 

As the Agartala Churaibari NH acts as the life line for Tripura to be in touch with the rest of India, the Chief Minister has asked the Public Works Department (PWD) to take every possible step for preparing Detailed Project Report (DPR) in the current fiscal itself. Furthermore the Chief Minister has also set a guideline for the PWD which states that now onwards 75 % of PWD’s works would be invested in renovation and maintenance of roads where remaining 25 % would be allotted for constructing new works.  “Now-a-days many tourists are coming here in Agartala from various parts of country and even the world and if the find our roads and places bad, it would leave an unwanted impression in their mind”, said Chief Minister in presence of minister of the department concerned Badal Choudhury. And for the same he has sought a separate and specialized wing of PWD, dedicated for the Agartala city only.

Meanwhile, the tender for the construction of the flyover between Fire Brigade Choumuhoni to Drop Gate will be finalized within next November and very soon the works will be kicked off. Chief Secretary G.Kameswara Rao, Principal Secretary R.P.Meena and designated officials of PWD were also present in the review meet on the works of PWD (R&B).     

 

Add your Comment
Comments (0)

Special Articles

Saumen Sarkar Saumen Sarkar
Anirban Mitra Anirban Mitra